- Using SSMS SQL Server Management Studio:
- Right Click the DB >> Tasks >> Export Data-Tire Application
- You will get your BACPAC File.
- Upload the BACPAC File to Azure Storage account
- Open Azure portal >> SQL servers >> Click your Target Server >> in top toolbar select "Import database"
>> Select the uploaded BACPAC File from the storage account
To monitor import progress:
- Open the database server page >> Settings >> Click select Import/Export history.
- Or Click the Notifications icon in the top bar
Info & Limitation :
In Azure, you cannot restore the BACPAC file into an existing database.
- You have to restore with a different name.
- Delete old database
- Rename the new one to the old database name.
Create Azure SQL Staging | Testing Database :